By Caroline Varin
A accomplished research of the increase of Boko Haram from a small non secular cult to a huge terrorist staff, putting them in the context of Nigerian politics and the overseas battle on Terror.
• Takes a complete method of the political, old, social, monetary, and overseas dynamics that enabled the increase and transformation of Boko Haram
• attracts on box paintings in Nigeria, together with interviews with army representatives, politicians, activists, psychologists, safety operatives, and sufferers of the Boko Haram war
• bargains a finished research of up to date Nigeria at an important element in its history
• Makes an unique contribution to the learn of violent non-state actors by means of analyzing similarities and adjustments among Boko Haram and different like-minded terrorist movements
Read or Download Boko Haram and the War on Terror (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar terrorism books
In an period the place somebody could have entry to the net or different media kinds that make common communique effortless, terrorists and insurgents can unfold their messages with whole freedom, developing demanding situations for nationwide defense. effect battle: How Terrorists and Governments struggle to form Perceptions in a battle of rules makes a speciality of the middle of the continued fight for strategic impression and, rather, how states can counter the function media and the web play in radicalizing new brokers of terrorism.
"A refined and persuasive late-modernist political research that constantly attracts the reader into the narratives of the writer and people of the folk of violence in Northern eire to whom he talked. . . . easily placed, this e-book is a banquet for the intellect"—Thomas M. Wilson, American Anthropologist"One of the easiest books to were written on Northern eire.
Globalization and the straightforward circulate of individuals, guns, and pollution throughout borders has reworked defense right into a transnational phenomenon. combating transnational defense threats has confirmed to be a really tricky problem for governments and associations world wide. Transnational protection addresses those matters, that are on the vanguard of each worldwide safeguard professional’s time table.
The Terrorism Lectures, second variation, is a set of well timed and fascinating classes without delay from the school room of terrorism specialist James J. F. woodland. The booklet and accompanying on-line fabrics delve into the background of terrorism, its root reasons, its many kinds and firms, in addition to the frameworks that analysts use to figure out the scope of terrorist threats.
- Occupying Iraq: A History of the Coalition Provisional Authority
- The Psychology of Terrorism (Political Violence)
- US National Security, Intelligence and Democracy: From the Church Committee to the War on Terror (Studies in Intelligence)
- Among the Ruins: Syria Past and Present
Extra info for Boko Haram and the War on Terror (Praeger Security International)
Boko Haram and the War on Terror (Praeger Security International) by Caroline Varin