By Rohan Gunaratna,Jolene Jerard,Salim Mohamed Nasir
This exact paintings is the 1st to handle the topic of neighborhood engagement ideas in countering extremism, and explores the advance and examine of those recommendations. In so doing it demystifies the method of group engagement, whereas concurrently extolling the virtues of the floor breaking suggestions to were successfully hired in Asia, the center East, and the West.
The ebook then proceeds to check the efforts of neighborhood engagement made by means of numerous nations opposed to their distinctive operational and geopolitical environments. ultimately, precise reference is made to the function and paintings of the media and non-government organisations to have carried out powerful neighborhood engagement efforts.
With contributions from authors of numerous backgrounds, together with media, the social providers, protection, and academia, this booklet should be of curiosity to either most people and to researchers.
- Countering Extremism and development Social Resilience (Rohan Gunaratna)
- Community Engagement: Singapore adventure (Low Ai Ling)
- Countering Extremism and development Social Resilience via group Engagement: South Asian versions (Hussain Mohi-ud-Din Qadri)
- Community Engagement types within the heart East: The As-Sakinah crusade for discussion (Sheikh Abdul Mun'im al-Mushawwah)
- Counter-Terrorism: Police and group Engagement in Britain, Community-Focused or Community-Targeted? (Basia Spalek)
- ‘Amrokraten, Bemokraten and Cemokraten’: A Case learn of Denazification and management in global conflict II, 1944–1949 (Kristi Cooper)
- A worry administration method of Counter-Terrorism (Tinka M Veldhuis & Edwin Bakker)
- Community Engagement: Countering Violent Extremism within the united kingdom (Robert Lambert)
- Engagement at a Crossroads (Caroline F Ziemke-Dickens)
- The web and New Media: instruments for Countering Extremism and development neighborhood Resilience (Maria Ressa)
- Building group Resilience (Anna Halafoff)
- Countering Extremism and construction group Resilience via neighborhood Engagement: the united kingdom event (Dilwar Hussain)
Readership: safeguard experts, practitioners of neighborhood engagement, psychologists, coverage makers, lecturers and researchers operating within the box of protection studies.
Read Online or Download Countering Extremism:Building Social Resilience through Community Engagement (Imperial College Press Insurgency and Terrorism Series) PDF
Best terrorism books
In an period the place a person could have entry to the web or different media varieties that make common conversation effortless, terrorists and insurgents can unfold their messages with entire freedom, developing demanding situations for nationwide safeguard. effect conflict: How Terrorists and Governments struggle to form Perceptions in a conflict of principles makes a speciality of the middle of the continuing fight for strategic impact and, quite, how states can counter the position media and the web play in radicalizing new brokers of terrorism.
"A subtle and persuasive late-modernist political research that always attracts the reader into the narratives of the writer and people of the folk of violence in Northern eire to whom he talked. . . . easily positioned, this ebook is a dinner party for the intellect"—Thomas M. Wilson, American Anthropologist"One of the easiest books to were written on Northern eire.
Globalization and the simple flow of individuals, guns, and pollutants throughout borders has reworked defense right into a transnational phenomenon. combating transnational defense threats has confirmed to be a truly tricky problem for governments and associations world wide. Transnational defense addresses those concerns, that are on the vanguard of each worldwide protection professional’s time table.
The Terrorism Lectures, second version, is a suite of well timed and interesting classes at once from the school room of terrorism specialist James J. F. woodland. The ebook and accompanying on-line fabrics delve into the heritage of terrorism, its root motives, its many types and businesses, in addition to the frameworks that analysts use to figure out the scope of terrorist threats.
- The Chinese Navy: Expanding Capabilities, Evolving Roles - Senkakus, Taiwan, Diaoyu, Paracel, Spratly Islands, Fishery Disputes, Vessels and Equipment, Submarines, Ships, Aircraft
- Among the Ruins: Syria Past and Present
- War and Ideas: Selected Essays
- US-UK Counter-Terrorism after 9/11: A qualitative approach (Contemporary Terrorism Studies)
- Global Responses to Terrorism: 9/11, Afghanistan and Beyond
Extra resources for Countering Extremism:Building Social Resilience through Community Engagement (Imperial College Press Insurgency and Terrorism Series)
Countering Extremism:Building Social Resilience through Community Engagement (Imperial College Press Insurgency and Terrorism Series) by Rohan Gunaratna,Jolene Jerard,Salim Mohamed Nasir