By Amos N. Guiora
With the ten-year anniversary of Sept. 11 now at the back of us, one severe query persists. Have guidelines enacted to guard us from terrorist assaults truly made us more secure, or have they basically mollified the involved public with a fake experience of defense? Homeland safety: what's It and the place we're Going combines expert studies, own reflections, and educational scholarship to supply a practical overview of present coverage effectiveness.
Amos Guiora’s history makes him uniquely certified to handle this factor. He used to be the pass judgement on suggest for the Israel safety Forces domestic entrance Command and the criminal consultant to a congressionally mandated job strength charged with developing America’s native land defense method less than the auspices of the Committee on native land defense.
- Provides views from a huge array of people curious about place of origin security
- Suggests how one can prioritize restricted resources
- Demonstrates the shortcoming of common consensus in regards to the definitions of place of birth defense and provides perception into what may be the main considerations
- Suggests ideas to a wide selection of dilemmas, together with terror financing, cost-benefit research of place of origin safety, foreign cooperation/intelligence sharing, enterprise continuity, and immigration/narco terrorism
Written in an attractive demeanour compatible for coverage makers, teachers, and most people alike, the booklet offers examples from the U.S. and Israel, providing concrete concepts for the articulation, improvement, and implementation of powerful fatherland safeguard strategy.
Read Online or Download Homeland Security: What Is It and Where Are We Going? PDF
Similar terrorism books
In an period the place an individual may have entry to the net or different media types that make common verbal exchange effortless, terrorists and insurgents can unfold their messages with entire freedom, growing demanding situations for nationwide safeguard. impact conflict: How Terrorists and Governments struggle to form Perceptions in a struggle of principles makes a speciality of the center of the continuing fight for strategic impression and, really, how states can counter the position media and the web play in radicalizing new brokers of terrorism.
"A subtle and persuasive late-modernist political research that continually attracts the reader into the narratives of the writer and people of the folks of violence in Northern eire to whom he talked. . . . easily placed, this ebook is a ceremonial dinner for the intellect"—Thomas M. Wilson, American Anthropologist"One of the simplest books to were written on Northern eire.
Globalization and the simple move of individuals, guns, and pollution throughout borders has remodeled defense right into a transnational phenomenon. fighting transnational defense threats has confirmed to be a truly tough problem for governments and associations all over the world. Transnational safety addresses those matters, that are on the vanguard of each worldwide defense professional’s time table.
The Terrorism Lectures, 2d version, is a set of well timed and fascinating classes at once from the school room of terrorism specialist James J. F. wooded area. The e-book and accompanying on-line fabrics delve into the background of terrorism, its root reasons, its many types and agencies, in addition to the frameworks that analysts use to figure out the scope of terrorist threats.
- A War Like No Other: The Constitution in a Time of Terror
- "Wann endlich beginnt bei Euch der Kampf gegen die heilige Kuh Israel?": München 1970: über die antisemitischen Wurzeln des deutschen Terrorismus (German Edition)
- WORLD REBIRTH OR WORLD WAR THREE: REASON OR EGO
- In the Common Defense
Additional resources for Homeland Security: What Is It and Where Are We Going?
Homeland Security: What Is It and Where Are We Going? by Amos N. Guiora